COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR CONOCOPHILLIPS’ SUPPLIERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS
(UPDATED January 20, 2021)
New testing system
Our main objective is to avoid Covid-19 at ConocoPhillips’ facilities. Due to increased infection rate in the population, ConocoPhillips has introduced testing of ConocoPhillips’ employees and suppliers’ employees in advance of traveling to the Greater Ekofisk Area, effective from week 4.
The test station has been established at Scandic Airport Hotel by Sola Airport. Offshore workers will need to be available for testing two hours in advance of last check-in time. All necessary details are available via the DaWinci system to relevant personnel.
Test station’s opening hours are 08:00 AM to 09:00 PM on weekdays, 12:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays and 12:00 AM to 09:00 PM on Sundays. Personnel with flights prior to 11:00 AM will need to perform testing the day prior to departure.
ConocoPhillips applies ten (10) days quarantine requirement for travelers arriving from abroad. The quarantine period is reduced from 10 to 9 nights, provided the authorities' requirements for testing are complied with. This does not apply to travelers from the United Kingdom, who are required to stay in quarantine for ten (10) nights.
Travel advice is subject to continuous updates and changes from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian health authorities.
ConocoPhillips’ suppliers must ensure that their employees always comply with the guidelines, if they are to travel to ConocoPhillips’ installations offshore or visit our onshore office/base facilities.
ConocoPhillips complies with advice from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian health authorities. Travel advice is subject to continuous updates and changes.
Helicopter travel: ConocoPhillips resumed normal seat utilization of helicopters Friday July 17, with maximum 19 passengers.
For outbound flights to ConocoPhillips operated facilities or rigs on contract with ConocoPhillips: Face masks are required for all flight passengers and are available at the heliport. Offshore travelers must wear face masks on heliport except when eating. Travelers to the heliport are advised against using taxi, if possible.
For inbound flights to heliport: face masks are required for passengers who have been offshore for less than ten (10) days on flights with more than twelve passengers. Face masks and guidelines for correct use are available at the heliport and offshore facilities.
Conditions or symptoms
If any of the following conditions apply to a person employed by one of our suppliers, the employee shall not travel offshore:
1. The employee has been diagnosed with Covid-19 disease: The employee shall not travel offshore until fully recovered and self-isolation in at least ten (10) days from symptoms started or test result and 24 hours with no fever.
2. The employee has been in close contact with anyone with a confirmed Covid-19 infection: Even if the employee is completely symptom-free, the employee shall not travel offshore until ten (10) days have passed after such contact.
3. If someone in the same household tests positive for Covid19, the employee cannot travel offshore until 14 days have passed.
4. The employee has been in close contact with someone who likely suffers from Covid-19: Even if the employee is completely symptom-free, the employee shall not travel offshore until ten (10) days have passed after such contact.
5. The employee has been in close contact with any person suspected of being infected with Covid-19 (where a doctor is said to have examined the person concerned and suspected infection with Covid-19): Even if the employee is completely symptom-free, the employee shall not travel offshore until ten (10) days have passed after such contact.
6. Anyone with symptoms of respiratory inflammation or illness such as colds, sore throat, mild cough or shortness of breath; or other symptoms, such as fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea, impaired sense of taste and smell, muscle pain or general malaise: The employee shall not travel offshore until they have been without symptoms for at least 24 hours.
General measures to avoid Covid-19:
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds after you have been in contact with objects/ surfaces that could potentially be a source of infection ·
- Avoid visits and contact with others outside your immediate family with whom you interact every day
- Pay special attention to symptoms such as fever, coughing, sore throat, and difficulty in breathing, both for yourself and your immediate family with whom you interact every day
- Avoid areas where it can be challenging to keep a safe separation distance from others, e.g., stores, cafes, hiking areas with lots of people, etc.
- The symptoms of Covid-19 infection may be diffuse in the initial phase. We therefore encourage everyone to measure your temperature prior to travelling to the heliport to ensure that you have no fever
- Always keep one (1) meter social distance from others.
More information is available on the Norwegian Institute of Public Health website: advice and information about the Coronavirus disease.